oUR POLICY ON FOUND DOGS, surrenders, and rehoming: PLEASE READ!
- Saving Grace will assist with dogs at our discretion.
- Our first priority is strays/abused, then dogs at the city shelter. Our last priority is owner surrenders. We know life circumstances may be unpredictable and recognize that we do not know the details of every situation, but we believe an animal is a commitment for life and there are very few situations in which rehoming an animal is absolutely necessary.
- If you pull a dog from a shelter, you are responsible for the dog. Please don't assume we can assist. If we had space, we would've pulled a dog from the shelter ourselves.
- If you choose to pick up a stray dog, you are responsible for the dog. Contact us...just don't assume we will be able to help. We may help at our discretion. We get inquiries about dogs every day that we cannot help. We have been cussed out and called horrible things because we didn't take dogs that other people "rescued". If you rescue the dog, you are responsible for care and rehoming.
- We will provide you with the best possible suggestions for your situation, but rescuing and locating good homes for dogs is a difficult task! Please be realistic. Everyone is always at the end of their resources.
Thanks for understanding!